Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

31 July 2008

La Rural

Yesterday I had the chance to go to the Rural. The Rural is a display of the top farm animals in Argentina. These animals are the best of the best and are owned by gauchos or cowboys. I enjoyed attending the rural because I had the chance to see the different horses, pigs, cows and sheep from Argentina. Oh and they are huge!! It was interesting to see how well maintained the animals were. One cow had its hair on the tip of its tail blow dried by its keeper, then they put a bag on the end so the cow wouldn't mess up its tail hair. The blow drying of the cow's tail reminded me of my sisters Court and Cece (haha) and all of their dangerous hair equipment back home.

There were also restaurants at the show, some of which sell the best meat in Argentina. I had a great steak sandwich from ARGNaturalBeef. Eating the food was a little cruel because the restaurant was located right across the aisle from the live cows. Hopefully my pictures will show it. If you want to know more about the meat I had you can visit www.unitecagro.com.ar
After the Rural I had the chance to see American soil, the US Embassy. Its located right beside the area which the Rural is located. It was nice to see the American flag flying high.

Today I found out more information about Universidad del Salvador, the school I will attend down here. Classes begin Monday but I don't sign up for them until two weeks after they begin. Then I can drop any unwanted classes anytime before September 1. The largest classes will be at the University reach about 40-45 students. For the most part they will range from 15-30, around the same size as HSC. I'm considering taking a class at another university here, Universidad Catolica because my counselor down here said it wouldn't be bad to see how another University operates here but I'm unsure of that right now.

No comments: