Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

03 August 2008

San Telmo and more

Today I had the chance to go to the San Telmo mercado (market) or at least one of the many. There is something for everyone there. The market attracts thousands of people each Sunday from all over the city, country and world. It truly is a sight to see. The link for pictures will be up soon. I also had a huge steak along with some rice tonight for dinner. It was great. On my second serving I opted to have a traditional Argentine serving of rice. I had rice with an egg sunny side up on top of it. Contrary to what I believed, the typical Argentine plate was delicious. Ill have to have it again.
I also went to San Telmo last night for dinner. One of my friends read about a restaurant with great steaks for a cheap price. I had the best steak of my life at that restaurant. Hands down, sorry everyone back in the states who has cooked me a steak. I just won't be telling the truth about your steaks being good without lying. Sorry! The steak was doused in a mustard sauce and was served along with potato slices. I could barely finish my plate it was so filling. To top it all off it was only 37 pesos for the plate~13 USD.

I found a mall near my house here in Argentina. Its ten blocks away yet took me two hours to get to because my friend and I took the colectivo (bus) for the first time here. there are so man buses and routes here that it gets to be very confusing. On top of it change for the bus is hard to come by in this city because the prices are made out so that everything is even and the change given back is only in bills. I also went back to Plaza de Mayo. Here is a little wikipedia link to some info on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaza_de_Mayo. I also have the link to some pictures I took while there : http://picasaweb.google.com/HSC02010/PlazaDeMayo?authkey=3K9W5bJdxCQ. I've also put up the picture album to the Rural and the photos can be found here
http://picasaweb.google.com/HSC02010/ExposicionRural2008?authkey=LYiY4ABxNNw.

No comments: