Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

18 August 2008

MIA pt. 2

I decided to walk around on Saturday and explore the area south of where I live so I could get an idea of what was around me. I came across a HUGE building with amazing architecture. I couldn’t get a good picture of it because I would need to zoom out more than I could so I took pictures of what I could fit in the picture. I found a little strip of teatros where I hope I can check out some shows while im here. COPA takes a group of 9 out to the theater every Wednesday but I have class at that time so it doesn’t work out for me. I walked a little more and ran across the Washington Monument of Buenos Aires El Obelisco which was built in a little over a month. You can’t go in it but it looks pretty cool.

Later that night a group of my friends from COPA ventured out to Belgrano (barrio near me) to eat at a Chinese food restaurant. The food was great because we all craved some Chinese that day.

Yesterday I checked out the tango festival which will go on all week. We missed most of the shows but stumbled across a couple dancers in the streets. We went into the main building for tango week and saw some vendors which sold everything you could possibly imagine that had to do with tango. I also stumbled across a restaurant yesterday and had a bife de chorizo with papas fritas, a Coke, 2 empanadas, and pan for 40 pesos~13 USD and that included the tip. The only weird thing about the restaurant was that it had a Mafioso feel to it. The people in there looked like they could be part of the mob and everybody knew somebody there.

Good news, I found a pizza place a block away from me where i can go to upload pictures and vidoes a little easier. Over the next week or two I hope to have everything upto this point online for you to see!

No comments: