Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

12 August 2008

El Ateneo y La Boca

Yesterday I went over to La Boca, a barrio southeast of where I live. It is known for the very colorful houses/buildings it has in some areas. The whole barrio isn't colorful, just a few select places. The area is a huge tourist attraction and is very beautiful on a sunny day, unfortunately for me I was only able to see the area on a cloudy day, but the pictures still turned out decent. This place is in a bad part of town and it is recommended not to go alone or at night....at all. The link to the photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/HSC02010/ElAteneo

I also went by El Ateneo, a huge bookstore which used to be a theatre. I went there to purchase the book Facundo for my Argentine Lit. class. It is a very cool place to visit and see. Here are some photos from inside: http://picasaweb.google.com/HSC02010/LaBoca

I’ve also uploaded two pix from at the Plaza de Mayo from this weekend while I passed through. Check that album out to see them.

1 comment:

THEONLINEMONEYMAN said...

GOOD DAY OLANDER I LOVE THE BLOGS AND DONT EAT TOO MUCH STEAK YOU WILL BE PAYING EXTRA ON THE WAY HOME DUE TO THE EXTRA LBS. GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL AND STAY FOCUSED THE CLASSES WILL GET EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. CHECK OUT SOME OF THE CHURCHES WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE AND LOOK TO HEAR U SOON
LOVE DADDY O