Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

05 August 2008

Class...

Good Afternoon,

Here is the link to my adventure to San Telmo, or at least the pictures of my adventure: http://picasaweb.google.com/HSC02010/DefensaMercados?authkey=fYvu36zLE1o.

I had my first class last night from 6-8 and absolutely hated it. Classes here are annual, meaning they last the whole academic year which begins down here in February. The class I attended was The art and culture of South America and Argentina and they were in the second half of the class so I've missed the part about Argentine history and culture and now they are on the South American part. The classrooms here don't have any heat in them and we are in the midst of winter down here and on top of it the class is at night so I had to bundle up. It sure was a different experience. I didn't like the way the professor taught because she spoke very fast, she had the lights completely turned out for her PP Presentation and there are no windows in the classroom for us to use light from so everyone in the class used their cell phones for lights. It sure is a different way to use a phone and I thought it was rather hilarious to see everyone using them for light. At the end of class our professor told us it was her first time teaching with foreigners in her class because she just started teaching this year. I don't want to be a guinea pig in Argentina. The class consisted mostly of people in their 30's and above and there were only 5 people from the US in the class but that is 2 people too many. The older crowd also threw me off because I'm not used to anyone being older than 24.

My second experience in a class was this morning. The class was in a different building about 4 blocks from the other building I went to last night but the same university. I went to a Spanish Literature II class and enjoyed it much more. I have some knowledge of what we are talking about in class with the Renacimiento and Siglo de Oro in Spain. The professor also spoke at a comprehensible speed so that's always a plus. The age group is majority college age with the exception of three or four people over 50. I think I'm going to stick with this class and not continue with the first one.

I also have some videos of different things around here and when I have some time to figure out how and where to upload them Ill post a link to them to give you a better feel for life down here.

No comments: