Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

26 August 2008

Villa Carlos Paz


I'm back!!!!

This past weekend a couple friends and I took a trip to Villa Carlos Paz, Argentina. It's a little west of Cordoba and the bus ride was around 12 hours long! We left friday morning and arrived that night and stayed in a Hostel for the weekend. We went out to eat and had some delicious lasagna at a restaurant then watched the gold medal game for the Argentine soccer team. there wasnt a place to sit the place was so packed. Carlos Paz reminded me a little of Farmville at night because nobody was out in the streets and there was pretty much one main street in the villa and there was a brigde with lights very similar to the bridge in F'ville.
The next day we went on a trip with Aventuras El Oso. The first thing we did was ride horses. It was my first time ever on a horse(that I remember, I think there is a photo with my dad and I on a horse) and I was a little freaked out at first. But after a while I got used to it and could see myself as a cowboy. If I could use a horse as transportation over a car I'd definitely do it. During our horse ride the tour guide pointed out little stone walls on the hills and explained to us that those were the territorial markings the tribes used hundreds of years ago to divide up territory. The pix are under the link ill put up. After the horses we went on the zipline. Also a first, but it was very fun. After the zipline, we went on a walk down the river. The guide showed us some neat stuff like mortars scraped out of the boulders. The tribes would use the mortars to make food and instead of having a portable one it was like they had their own kitchen on a rock. We saw a mini waterfall and an area where iguanas come out and swim during the summer. Another thing I liked about the area was that it was warm!!! The trees were already blooming there and I cant wait until the warmth comes this way.
Later on that night we took advantage of the grill on top of the hostel. Of course yours truly was in charge of the cooking of the meat. I bought two steaks for myself to eat (for a whopping 3 USD) and we had our first asado in Argentina. It was fun.
On Sunday we woke up and went to see the cu-koo. Villa Carlos Paz is famous for their clock. Then we went up to the top of a mountain and had the chance to see the whole city from on top. It was amazing. That area is definitely a part of the country one should see if given the opportunity, especially if you like the outdoors. We might go back one day in the summer because we heard that Villa and another one near it are the best spots to go to when green. We got back early this morning and now I'm off to bed for another week of classes! Until next time.

No comments: