Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

07 October 2008

Where'd Olander go?!?!

Hola,

If you've been wondering where have I been over the past two weeks the question is in my room doing work. Yes, I know what y'all are thinking, "oh my he is finally doing work" and how I've been fitting classes in with my adventures. Well the truth is that there is no such thing as tests or quizzes here in Buenos Aires and because of this I haven't had too strenuous of a schedule. The students here take a parcial every once and a while and I had my first one the beginning of September and nothing since then. Well, now I have the bulk of my work this month.

This week I have been writing a paper on the Presidency of Yrigoyen, the first true president elected by the people in Argentina in 1916, for my Argentine History class. I have 7 out of my 10 pages done (the paper is due Thursday) and all I need to do now is write my bibliography, do some editing and add a cover page and I'm at the 10 page mark. Historians say Yrigoyen was a president for the people here and I looked into whether or not this was true and politically speaking he was. I didnt look into the economic aspect of his presidency because that would have taken an extra week which I dont have. The only thing I know about his economic success is that Argentina was economically its strongest its EVER been in history, # 4 in the world. Argentina has never regained that status.

Last week I was also stuck in my room comparing and contrasting an article by Ricardo Rojas on Sarmiento and his book Facundo with another article written by Maria Lojas. This paper was 6 pages long for my Argentine Literature class.

Once I finish my 10 page paper, Im going to begin either studying for a parcial in my Spanish Lit. class on Don Quijote, which I really need to study for if I cant move the parcial back, or I will begin my 6 page paper for my Art class.

whew!

No comments: