Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

09 December 2008

Futbol!

Yesterday I went over to Belgrano to a futbol game put on by the church I go to down here. I dont know who the teams were but they werent the big teams down here but it was fun to watch the game at a soccer stadium that held a little over 7000 people. Entrance was free as long as you brought some non-perishable items for the people in Formosa, Argentina. There will be a group from the church going up there in the next few days to give all the stuff to some people up there for Christmas. I took a couple shirts and a sweatshirt over to donate and had a blast. It was hot yesterday but fun and I enjoyed it. Now I cant say I never saw a soccer game while here. Next time I visit I will make sure I see a professional game although from what I hear they are very dangerous to attend which would probably make for a good story.

No comments: