Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

20 December 2008

Mi ultimo dia

The last day here...

First of all, Happy Anniversary to my parents (yesterday), Happy Birthday to Abuela(today) and Happy Birthday Mom (tomorrow).

Today is my last day here, I leave for the airport in 6 hours. The past 5 months went by fast! I remember the day my plane touched down 5 months ago, on a rainy day wondering to myself how the next 5 months will go by. I have really enjoyed my stay here with my host family, taking classes at the Universidad del Salvador and meeting new friends from all around the world. My Spanish has improved and I now have a lot more respect for international students. I am eager to get back to the States but at the same time I am really getting comfortable with going out on my own and holding conversations with people in Spanish. If I could stay another 5 months without having to do things with a program and without being able to use English as a crutch to fall back on.

I am also really blending in as an Argentine now. When I first arrived, as long as I didnt speak, nobody could tell I was an extranjero. Once I opened my mouth people could tell. Now I can go through the ferias or the streets and not get hustled by the tourist trappers. I used to meet people and they would ask me where I am from, now its how are you doing and what do you think about the last cancha de Boca Juniors. If people can tell Im a foreigner they usually guess I am from Puerto Rico or Brazil.

When I get back I will want to tell some stories about my time here so feel free to find me and we will talk. If you ever want to come to Argentina, well Buenos Aires, let me know and I will offer some advice on where to go, what to see, what to eat and when is a good time to come to the city.

Well I guess this is it for my last blog post in Argentina. I still have some stuff to post on the blog when I get back to the states and have a steady internet source so keep an eye out on the blog, and hopefully I will be able to return to Buenos Aires and update you guys with some more neat things around the city.

Chau

No comments: