Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

09 December 2008

Restaurantes sin carne??? no puede ser

This past Friday I met up with a Venezuelan friend from one of my classes down here. My host mom wasnt cooking so she gave me 20 pesos to eat that night. All of my COPA friends were out of town so I decided to see if my friend wanted to go out. I met up with her in Palermo Soho, a nice area of Palermo where you can find just about anything to eat for decent prices too. She asked if I had tried Hindu food before and I didn't believe I did so we went to a spot called Krishna, un "pequeno restaurant vegetariano". We arrived at Krishna and sat down in one of the two rooms they had. The spot was decorated with various religious artwork and the tables were very small with small chairs. The waiter made a comment on how small the table looked with me sitting there. We got the menus and I immediately realized there was no meat offered, at all!!! Sure, they had tofu and all but no real Argentine carne. After a few minutes of asking what some of the stuff was, I settled for a typical Thai plate called Plato Thai. It consisted of beats, white rice, some sort of rice mixed with vegetables, a spicy sauce, fried zucchini and a tortilla. To my surprise it was verrrry delicious. For drinks we had some sort of lemonade concoction, real lemonade with I believe ginger mixed in, I could be wrong though.

I just wanted to let all of the veggie lovers out there that there are places to eat in BsAs that caters to everyone. Krishna was packed and the food was great but if you are tall make sure you stretch because sitting down on the small chairs at a small table can hurt after a little while. The pictures of the food and restaurant will be up on my link to Argentine Photos in the top right hand corner of this blog in the Palermo album

Chau

No comments: