Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

18 December 2008

Last Thursday in BsAS

Hey guys,

I just wanted to write to you informing you what I have been up to as I sit here and enjoy these last few days in the city. This past Sunday I went back to the San Telmo feria to look around and see what they had for sale and see what kinds of entertainment they were offering. I saw some of the same tango shows and puppet shows from three months ago but also saw an art exhibit in the street. One street was broken up ready to be cleaned and repaved and I guess the workers decided to finish up the job on Monday so they left it there. Some guy decided it would be a great opportunity to make it an art exhibit. It was pretty neat.

I then walked down to Plaza de Mayo where the Casa Rosada is located and found out that the Casa Rosada was open for visitors to walk through! The government put on an art exhibit inside of the building, celebrating the 25th anniversary of democracy in the country and beginning the bicentennial countdown for 2010. The Casa Rosada is a very nice building inside and I was glad I could see parts of it. Now only if I could get a tour of our own White House that would be great!

Monday I said goodbye to two friends. We all went out to eat at a pizza spot in Palermo. They had what are called pizza boats, which are pizzas, in the shape of boats with a sail and fries. I dont have pictures of these boats but some friends do so I will post them once I get them.

Finally, today I finally saw a graduation celebration. I had always heard of celebrations here for college graduates in which their friends throw eggs at the graduates to celebrate. (Its an Argentine thing) I saw 8 people lined up outside of the University of Buenos Aires today, covered in eggs, chocolate syrup, flour, sprinkles, pretty much any cooking product you can think of was thrown on top of them. Weird right?

No comments: