Study abroad during my fall semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

16 September 2008

Hair Cut

The last time I cut my hair was eight weeks ago, the week before I arrived here. Over the past week I figured I had to do something about it so I looked for barber shops that would somewhat know how to cut my hair like I want it, short on the top with a fade on the sides. I couldn't find anywhere on the web so I asked my host family and they told me to go to this spot on the next block where they go to get their hair cut. I went to look up words for how I wanted it cut because I've only had to get my hair cut once in a foreign country and the lady knew how to do it just right.

I went in to the spot after class today and asked to get my hair cut and see if the lady my host family told me to talk to was there, she wasn't there so I had to settle for this guy who knew no english and I didnt remember the words for what I wanted. I guess you can see where this is going. I asked him for my hair to be cut short on the bottom and longer on the top, like a fade. So he did and the end result was a line that separated the long hair from the short hair on my head. There was no fade at all. So I asked him to make the line disappear, thats what I wanted. He attempted to do that and the line was still visible to me and he said it couldn't be fixed because he cut the short too short. So for the third attempt to please me he left the top like it was and cut it short all the way around to the top where it was long, sort of like a military cut but in an odd way. I didnt like it, so I just told him to cut it all off. After he finished I began to describe how I wanted to be lined up on the edges but after five minutes we got nowhere so I raised the white flag and called it a day. 6 hours ago I had the shaggy off of Scooby-Doo hair and now I'm sitting here typing to you looking like Mr. Clean.

What an experience.

1 comment:

THEONLINEMONEYMAN said...

senor wheeen you ask to do your hair please speak slooowly i have problem weeth my eeenglish . Wow o
you should have waited for the lady
love
daad